Very small accentuated characters

From: François Fleuret
Subject: Very small accentuated characters
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:25:43 +0100

Dear all,

I have a weird behavior in gnus when displaying accentuated letters in
summary or article mode.

Basically, the accentuated character alone appear as very small, like
if X was using a 5px font or something. I ran emacs with -q to check I
did not mess something up in my .emacs, and the bug remains. I guess
it can be related to some weird X server settings, but since it can
also be pure gnus stuff, I am asking here.

I found no clear relation between encoding and the problem. I found at
least one message in 8bits encoding with the problem and one message
with some fancy encoding (3 bytes per char ?) without the problem.

Any idea ?

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret