Re: How to access email using gnus?

From: Surendra Singhi
Subject: Re: How to access email using gnus?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 04:06:08 -0700

Glyn Millington wrote:
Bastien <Bastien@xxx.fr> writes:

Al Arduengo writes:

The info for gnus does an excellent job of explaining this. 'CTL-h
i' while you are running gnus.

More precisely:

(info "(gnus)Mail Sources")

If you need a supplement to the manual try the tutorial at my.gnus.org

http://my.gnus.org/tutorial/Mail.html#Mail

hth

Glyn
I have gone through that document, and the manual as well, but I am still not able to figure out how to configure gnus.

As I mentioned in my first email I am able to use the newsreader, but not get emails. I have put the following line in my init file(it is a pop3 server and not imap) and as well set it trhough the customization option in xemacs.

(setq mail-sources '((pop :server "imap1.asu.edu"
                               :user "sksinghi"
                               )))
But gnus still doesn't shows me anything.
I don't want to create a mail file on my machine and set gnus to it.

And while playing around the settings, gnus all of a sudden stopped sending emails and now I am getting a wierd error when I try to send a message "no such file or directory, fakemail".

--
Surendra Singhi

www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/