Re: Automatically marking folder as read

From: Niels L. Ellegaard
Subject: Re: Automatically marking folder as read
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:16:59 +0100

Krishnakumar B <kitty@dre.vanderbilt.edu> writes:

> I use procmail to filter all the junk mail to a folder called junk.
> I am using nnml backend.  Is there a way for me to mark messages in
> this folder (or any folder) as read automatically (just like I can
> set gnus-gcc-mark-as-read to t)?  I don't want to forward spam to
> /dev/null as sometimes I have had to retrieve legit mail from the
> junk folder.

There is probably a smarter way, but I think that you can solve the
problem by adding (mark 100) to the scorefile. (untested)

http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_245.html

Anyway, it is very practical to mark mail.spam as expirable. Have a look at
the variable, gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups.

http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_171.html