Re: is it me or is imap support really crappy?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: is it me or is imap support really crappy?
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:54:16 -0500

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, joostkremers@yahoo.com wrote:

> sorry for the (possibly) offensive subject, but the problems i've been
> seeing the past few days with my imap mailboxes aren't really building my
> confidence in Gnus+imap...

I've been using Gnus with IMAP for 3 years without any major problems.

Copying/moving large amounts of articles between two IMAP servers is
the only thing right now that causes me problems (the capabilities of
the two servers get confused).

I don't use the Agent for other reasons (not enough disk space,
NFS-mounted home directory) so I can't comment on that issue.

Generally, when you have IMAP problems, generate a log that shows the
problem (set imap-debug to t and look for the IMAP log buffer).  Also,
see if restarting Gnus versus closing, then reopening the server in
the server buffer (`^' from the group buffer) makes a difference.

Your message subject is not very offensive to me (I don't work on the
IMAP support, either), but I would have chosen milder words.  We (the
Gnus developers) appreciate positive and constructive feedback from
the users - it's one of our main motivations for working on Gnus.

Ted