Re: prohibiting Gnus from striping `(...)' in summary buffer

From: Patrick Drechsler
Subject: Re: prohibiting Gnus from striping `(...)' in summary buffer
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:51:04 +0100

Reiner Steib wrote on 06 Nov 2004 21:41:19 MET:

> On Sat, Nov 06 2004, Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>
>> is there a way to refrain Gnus from deleting `(...)' in the
>> summary buffer for certain groups only?
>>
>> Normally this indicates a change of subject so striping that
>> part is OK.
>
> By default, Gnus doesn't strip `(...)' from subjects in the
> summary.  Deleting of "(was: old subject)" is done on replying
> and the user must confirm it.

OK. Obviously I have something in my configuration which does
this. I'll take a closer look. I'm pretty sure that I configured
something to strip the `(...)'. I'll be damned but I can't find
it. I'll keep looking.

,----
| gnus-list-identifiers's value is nil
|
| Regexp that matches list identifiers to be removed from
| subject.  This can also be a list of regexps.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `gnus-sum'.
`----

Any ideas what these "overeager list identifiers" could be named?

TIA

Patrick
--
Snoopy (on being house-trained with a rolled-up newspaper):
It does tend however to give one a rather distorted view of the press!