Re: Why can't I set organization?

From: Emre Sevinc
Subject: Re: Why can't I set organization?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:37:23 +0200

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> Both (organization ...) in gnus-posting-style and seperate
>> (setq message-user-organization ...) didn't work. What am I
>> doing wrong? Please enlighten me before you whip me! :)
>
> It seems both should work.  When you used the posting style, was

That's what many users said but I simply couldn't get
the same effect. :(

> the Organization header inserted when you entered into the
> message buffer?

No, it wasn't. I mean I edited my ~/.gnus file, saved it,
restarted Emacs, then ran gnus and then tried to post
a new message and the Organization field was not there.

>  If not, I can only guess that you've added the
> code which deletes the Organization header to some hook, for
> example, message-mode-hook or message-setup-hook.

Did I? As far as I know the only think I did with gnus
(since the time I installed it) was to subscribe to a couple
of groups and edit my ./~gnus file, that was all:

(gnus-compile)

(setq message-user-organization "Istanbul Bilgi University")

(setq gnus-posting-styles
  '((".*"
      (name "Emre Sevinc")
      (address "emres@bilgi.edu.tr")
      (signature-file "~/.signature"))))

>  Otherwise,
> the header may have been deleted just before sending of a message
> because you've added it into message-ignored-news-headers or
> you've modified message-send-news-hook, etc.

Well, I didn't play with the parameters you've mentioned,
actually this is the first time I see them. Can they be
set as default in gnus? (I'm using the Debian package).
If so what/where should I check?

--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer         Actively engaged in:
http:www.bilgi.edu.tr           http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr         http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student       http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr