Re: spam, imap: false pos: use-BBDB-exclusive, use-blacklist,

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: spam, imap: false pos: use-BBDB-exclusive, use-blacklist,
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:39:34 +0200

    Ted> Open the article(s) in question, hit `t' to display
    Ted> everything, then run the following functions:

Ok I do this, but what do I gain, from displaying everything?

    Ted> M-: (spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB 'spam-use-blacklist
    Ted> "SPAM.REAL") M-: (spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB-exclusive
    Ted> "SPAM.HAM")

Strange results,

In gnus 5.10.6 (or better the official XEmacs version 1.78) I get
nil in both cases

However in the snap shot I installed yesterday (and which works after
some problems)

I get

M-: (spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB 'spam-use-blacklist    "SPAM.REAL")
 "SPAM.REAL"

M-: (spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB-exclusive "SPAM.HAM")
 "SPAM.HAM"

    Ted> What do you get?

    Ted> These two tests simulate exactly what happens when the mail
    Ted> is split.  If you get the results you expect, something else
    Ted> is wrong.  If you don't, you need to send me your BBDB,
    Ted> blacklist file, and message(s) that are not processed
    Ted> correctly.
This is correct? If so I will stick to the new snapshot version for a
while and then give spam-stat a try.[1]

Thanks

Uwe

    Ted> Let's keep the discussion in this newsgroup.

    Ted> Thanks Ted

Footnotes:
[1]  a little of topic, anybody as a good advice how to deal with
false positives, when using IMAP  and no external filter program, such
as bogofilter.