ISP changing News server => renumbering mess

From: Esben Rugbjerg
Subject: ISP changing News server => renumbering mess
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:41:49 +0200

Hi,

This problem has been discussed before but no clear conclusion and
adwices were given.

My ISP changed their nntp server which caused the classic mess with
numbering or articles. At the time they also changed some of the
structure of the news groups.

They did by changing the software on the server so no one could see
before ones news messed up. When the server was changed I found out that
this was the problem.

I remembered that a section in the manual dealed with changing server so
I went to this section and followed the instructions, but nothing
happened.

When I try to open a group I get a list of subjects, but when I try to
open one of the articles the subjectline turns black and yellow and a
big 'G' comes to left of the line.

Also no new articles are added to the list.

I can see the new articles and the new structure the news groups if I
open the server through the server buffer. But not in the normal groups
buffer.

I have run both 'gnus-group-clear-data' and 'gnus-cache-move-cache' but
it hasn't helped.

I'm using version 5.10.2 of Gnus.

What can I do ?

Best regards