Re: mime: View Internally with catdoc, Externally with OpenOffice

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: mime: View Internally with catdoc, Externally with OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:46:18 +0200

On Wed, Oct 06 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I would like to display word attachments, either *internally* using
> catdoc, antiword or wvText or anything like this, however if this
> conversion fails, I would like to use via *View externally*
> Openoffice.
>
> As I understand gnus scans the .mailcap file, but I don't know how to
> set this up in order to achieve what I want.

Put something like...

application/msword; catdoc -s 8859-1 -d 8859-1 %s; copiousoutput;
nametemplate=%s.doc

... or ...

application/msword; antiword %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.doc

... in `~/.mailcap'.  (You may use `M-: (mailcap-parse-mailcaps nil t)
RET' to re-parse without restarting Emacs.)  Then pressing the button
should show the text inline.  When this failed, press `v' on the MIME
button and enter "OOo" (or whatever the binary is called).

It's probably not feasible to find out automatically if `catdoc' or
`antiword' fails.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,