Re: Couple of (configuration?) problems.

From: Dirk Gerrits
Subject: Re: Couple of (configuration?) problems.
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 07:20:20 GMT

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> However, there is the way better than the POP before SMTP
> authentication.  As is often the case with such a mail server,
> doesn't it support the SMTP AUTH feature?  If so, I recommend
> you consult the HowTo which is described in the beginning of the
> lisp/mail/smtpmail.el file.  Also using STARTTLS is much better
> since the password will be encrypted.

STARTTLS is supported and it seems to be working now, thanks.  I just
followed the HOWTO.

> You seem to have installed the old version of sha1.el(c) which
> is provided by the FLIM package.  You can simply remove it or
> replace it with the latest version. [snip]

I uninstalled the app-emacs/flim package and if you're reading this, it
did the trick. :)

Thanks a lot.  That's two down, two to go.  (I seem to have edited out
number 3 without decrementing issues 4 and 5, oops.)

Kind regards,

Dirk Gerrits