Re: Scope of headers in posting styles

From: Svend Tollak Munkejord
Subject: Re: Scope of headers in posting styles
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:04:57 +0200

On 2004-09-23, Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23 2004, Svend Tollak Munkejord wrote:
>
>> On 2004-09-23, Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
> [...]
>>> When I add your example to my `gnus-posting-styles', replying to
>>> your message isn't triggered (tc-make-attribution is void).
>>
>> I use trivial-cite, but the problem isn't related to
>> trivial-cite.
>
> Yes, I know.  But replying to your first message (with the Outlook
> quote) should trigger the eval/setq statement, but it doesn't.
>
> Ah, the reason is, that "<svend@mydomain>" doesn't match
> ".*\\.mydomain\\>" (note the dot).  Now I could reproduce it.

Aargh. I'm sorry about that. I wasn't careful enough when I tried to
simplify my somewhat complicated real-life posting style.

> Could you test the following patch?

I'm afraid I'm not a seasoned patch user, and my gnus-msg.el is too
old. Anyway, I manually pasted in the `+' lines, recompiled Gnus, and
pressed C-x C-e at the end of the gnus-configure-posting-styles
function.

And, yes, it works! Thanks a lot!

--
Svend Tollak Munkejord