Re: Pop up bbdb right of article buffer

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Pop up bbdb right of article buffer
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:48:09 +0200

On 16 sep 2004, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Gnus with bbdb and when I open a mail whose sender is in
> my bbdb a new window pops up below the article buffer like
> this:

 [ ... ]

> The article buffer should at least be 90 columns wide, the rest
> should be for bbdb. One thing which prevents me from using
> gnus-add-configuration is that the bbdb buffer should only be
> there when the article's sender is in my bbdb. If not the bbdb
> buffer should be closed.
>
> All in all: How can I change the bbdb popup window's position
> without changing the default bbdb behaviour?
>
> If there are some variables/functions to do this, pointing me
> to them should be enough, I hope.

Read BBDB manual should give you answers :)

For example have a look to:

,----[ C-h v bbdb-pop-up-target-lines RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v bbdb-display-layout RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v bbdb-display-layout-alist RET ]

`----

--
      Xavier Maillard| "Stand Back! I'm a programmer!"
.0.             zedek@gnu-rox.orgz|