Re: Fatal error (11). Emacs/ Linux hosed my very long document.

From: spike1
Subject: Re: Fatal error (11). Emacs/ Linux hosed my very long document.
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:25:11 +0100

Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Much to my dismay, as I was working on my very long review (about 100
> pages typed), xemacs core dumped on me.  I was unable to recover
> anything.  I didn't save my document because I never expected emacs to
> core dump.  The worst I thought would happen would be some LISP error.
> Hopefully someone can debug emacs and fix this dangerous bug.  Until
> then, I'm probably going to go back to Microsoft Word 2003.  THe
> following is my core dump file:

ROTFL!
Yeah, riiiiight.
What moron doesn't save his "very long document" at least once every page or
two? "I didn't think it'd crash" he cries. What about if there'd been a
powercut?

Oh, but WAIT.... You lost all your work, did you?
Unrecoverable, was it? So this didn't work then?

> Your files have been auto-saved.
> Use ^M-x recover-session' to recover them.

God Mike, you really do take the biscuit on stupidity.