Re: gnus and imap folders.

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: gnus and imap folders.
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:44:48 +0200

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:55:28 +0300 Andrey Slusar wrote:

Andrey> Gnus is support deleting imap folders or not? If supporting,
Andrey> that using keys for this?

,----[ C-h f gnus-group-delete-group RET ]
| gnus-group-delete-group is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`gnus-group'.
| (gnus-group-delete-group GROUP &optional FORCE NO-PROMPT)
|
| Delete the current group.  Only meaningful with editable groups.
| If FORCE (the prefix) is non-nil, all the articles in the group will
| be deleted.  This is "deleted" as in "removed forever from the face
| of the Earth".         There is no undo.  The user will be prompted before
| doing the deletion.
| Note that you also have to specify FORCE if you want the group to
| be removed from the server, even when it's empty.
`----

I vaguely remember some issues along the lines that it might only work
as expected for nnimap (actually delete group on server) if the group
is empty. Not sure that's still the case.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)