Error when sending mail using Gnus

From: Krishnakumar B
Subject: Error when sending mail using Gnus
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:24:26 -0500

Hi,

I recently switched (or am in the process of switching) to Gnus to read
mail from VM. I am trying to send mail using the message minor mode i.e., m
from the group buffer. I have the following in my .gnus file:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmail:sent-mail")

Whenever I try to send a mail, I get the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such function: nnmail-server-opened")
  signal(error ("No such function: nnmail-server-opened"))
  error("No such function: %s" nnmail-server-opened)
  gnus-server-opened((nnmail ""))
  gnus-check-server((nnmail ""))
  gnus-inews-do-gcc()
  gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc()
  run-hooks(message-sent-hook)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)

I using Gnus v5.10.6 from Debian Sarge. Is this due to some error in my
configuration files, or is my installation of Gnus screwed up?

All I am trying to do with the above setting is to place a copy of all
mails that I send in a nnmail folder called sent-mail.

Any help is appreciated.

-kitty.