Re: Lots of open() calls with nnmaildir

From: Martin Geisler
Subject: Re: Lots of open() calls with nnmaildir
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:23:48 +0200

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> Martin Geisler <mg@daimi.au.dk> writes:
>
>> [...] could I then somehow tell Gnus not to read this information
>> for groups that I don't use regularly, such as sent mail?
>
> Try putting your rarely used groups on a high level (higher than
> gnus-activate-level).

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't help: Setting the level to 6
(which is gnus-activate-level) doesn't make any difference: the groups
are still scanned on startup.

Setting the level to 9 kills the groups, but they are resurrected when
I start Gnus a second time.

--
Martin Geisler                                  My GnuPG Key: 0xF7F6B57B

PHP EXIF Library      |  PhpWeather              |  PhpShell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://gimpster.com/
Read/write EXIF data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser