Re: X: Change font-size only in summary-buffer.

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: X: Change font-size only in summary-buffer.
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:19:14 +0200

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:37:23 +0200, Peter wrote:

> Looks nifty, but me being an Emacs newbie (I'm half through the
> interactive tutorial) I wonder what sections of the Emacs manual I
> need to read in order to get this working. (Besides adding 'require
> boxquote.el' to my .emacs file or emerging it in Gentoo).

I don't know. I just use the darned thing, I haven't read the manual.

> I assume that I have to map some keybindings to some of the
> functions named in the file, but is this enough?

It would be more than enough, I'd say; you don't even have to map
keybindings, you can use the functions by doing a simple M-x
functionname.

For instance, I just pressed M-x boxquote-describe-key M-x, and this
was inserted:

,----[ C-h k M-x ]

`----

> And how exactly would I know the names of the different
> boxquote-functions I can choose from?

Read through boxquote.el and look at the names following the "(defun "
parts.

Some of them will be internal functions, but the names usually give
them away.

Experiment.

> [Maybe I should just wait with boxquotes until I've actually read
> the whole Emacs manual]

[Haven't stopped me :-)]

  Best regards,

--
 "Girl, you thought he was a man                              Adam Sjøgren
  But he was a muffin"                                   asjo@koldfront.dk