Re: Two problems with gnus

From: Tang Yan
Subject: Re: Two problems with gnus
Date: 21 Aug 2004 06:04:07 -0700

First, thank you very much! That was the first time I posted a message
in a newsgroup.

Yes, I know the server exactly. It is a mail server for our school
alumni. But I don't think it is broken because I could use other imap
client to get my mail, such as Opera M2.

I noticed that the new mail has been scaned because its mail header
appears in *imap-log*:
Subject: 999999
From: "blahblah" <foo@bar.org>

But I cannot read the mail body just like what i have said in the
former message. The "1: INBOX" immediately becomes "0: INBOX" after I
press enter, and no *Summary* buffer.

*imap-log*
----------------------------------
63 SELECT "INBOX"
* 18 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [UNSEEN 1] Message 17 is first unseen
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Deleted \Seen \*)] Limited
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1] UIDs valid
63 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
64 UID SEARCH UID 81
* SEARCH
64 OK UID SEARCH completed
65 UID FETCH 81 (UID RFC822.SIZE BODY BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Subject
>From Date Message-Id References In-Reply-To Xref)])
* 18 FETCH (UID 81 RFC822.SIZE 640 BODY ("text" "plain" ("format"
"flowed"
"delsp" "yes" "charset" "gbk") NIL NIL "8bit" 82) BODY[HEADER.FIELDS
(Subject From Date Message-Id References In-Reply-To Xref)] {167}
From: "blahblah" <foo@bar.org>
FROM: foo@bar.org

Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:27:28 +0800

)