Re: remote gnus

From: Jacob Bunk Nielsen
Subject: Re: remote gnus
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:28:16 +0200

cmc4slack-google@yahoo.com (Chris Conn) writes:

> I have two boxes on my home network (one FreeBSD and
> one Linux), use both to read mail with Gnus.

I have a similar setup at home, only I have to boxes with Linux.

> When I get on the Linux box I would like to be able to
> read the mail that I've saved on the FreeBSD box, can
> do this easily with VM (G f on saved folders) but I'd
> like to find an easier way to run Gnus through ange-ftp
> on that box.

How about mounting $HOME from the FreeBSD-box using NFS? That makes it
easy to switch between the two machines and seem like the obvious
choice when the FreeBSD-box is always up. I have used a setup like
that for several years now, and I'm very happy with it.

--
Jacob - www.bunk.cc
Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.