Re: Migrating from POP to IMAP.

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: Migrating from POP to IMAP.
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 11:37:49 +0200

Rajsekar <raj--cutme--sekar@cse.iDELTHISitm.ernet.in> writes:

> I have been using POP in gnus till now.
> But since I tend to work on more than one machine consistently, I would
> like to switch to IMAP.  Is there an elegant way of migrating (my mails)
> from POP (nnmail) to nnimap?

Yes. Go in your C-u <ret> over your Inbox to get a summary buffer with
all mails, M P a to process mark all, B c nnimap+yourserver:Inbox <ret>

This will copy all mails to Folder Inbox on your Imap-Server. Be
prepared for waiting quite some time until it's finished.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough