Re: Uh oh. IMAP and ifile-gnus

From: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: Uh oh. IMAP and ifile-gnus
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:56:55 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, jesse@phiwumbda.org wrote:
>
>> I have installed and configured an imap server (Courier).  I have
>> begun to move my mail over to it and to use procmail to deliver to it
>> and then it hit me when I was doing some testing.
>>
>> ifile-gnus doesn't do nnimap.  Damn.  I really like using ifile to
>> pre-sort my mail.
>
> Maybe you or someone else can make it work with the Gnus registry?
> It should offer enough functionality to make tracking of articles
> possible, the way the current ifile-gnus does for nnml (IIRC).

Well, I've been meaning to learn about the registry, but I wasn't keen
on having such pressure to start.

I'm a crappy li'l hacker.  No one really wants me to do anything
important.  Trust me on this.

> spam.el offers an ifile backend which will send articles to the place
> ifile thinks they should go.  That could also be helpful, although of
> course you don't have to use spam.el.

I might have to look at that spam.el again.  I wish I knew better
which bits of ifile-gnus work with imap and which don't.  If
ifile-gnus updates .idata whenever I move mail around, then maybe I
can use procmail for the recommendations.  It's not quite as nice as
the current setup --- in order to have my rules take precedence over
ifile's recommendations, I'd have to split on every IMAP mailbox.  But
I think it would work.

--
"Naomi Klein reports that Microsoft is helping develop e-government in
Iraq, 'which Dees admits is a little ahead of the curve, since there