Gnus-registry problems

From: Svend Tollak Munkejord
Subject: Gnus-registry problems
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:08:14 +0200

Hi,

I can't make Gnus-registry work quite like I'd like it to, so I wonder
if someone could tell me whether there's something wrong with my setup,
or if it just doesn't work.

I use No Gnus 0.2, nnmaildir and GNU Emacs 21.3.

Here's my gnus-registry-relevant setup (I think):

(setq gnus-registry-max-entries 3500)
(setq gnus-registry-use-long-group-names t)
(setq gnus-registry-track-extra (quote (subject)))
(gnus-registry-initialize)
(setq nnmail-split-fancy
       '(|
         (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
))

1. One test: I receive a message and move it to
nnmaildir:mail.foo. Followups with proper References headers will be
split to nnmaildir:mail.foo, too. This is olly good.

2. Another test: I write a message with
Gcc: nnmaildir:mail.foo.
and send it off. Followups to that message are not split to that group
(unless I make some specific splitting rule). Is it supposed to work
like this?

3. A third test: I write a followup to the message of item 1, but I
put in empty References headers, to simulate people who write to me
using broken software. This followup is not split to
nnmaildir:mail.foo. Why? Shouldn't the
(setq gnus-registry-track-extra (quote (subject)))
take care of this? The subject was "Plommegrøt", so it should be long
enough for gnus-registry to have something to split on, right?

Regards,
--
Svend Tollak Munkejord