Re: Random signatures

From: Anne & Lynn Wheeler
Subject: Re: Random signatures
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:05:10 -0600

Max Quordlepleen <maxq@nonags.com> writes:

> Last night I went googling for "random signature" in gnu.emacs.gnus,
> looking for a ready-made few lines I could steal and drop into my
> .gnus. I found a nice simple looking phrase that apparently worked
> for the person who posted it, but I can't get it work for me. I
> would be interested to learn what I've screwed up with this little
> snippet:

been a couple years ... i posted one that picked up signature from
yow/zippy file.

example of past post with zippy signature
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/93.html#5 360/67, was re: IBM's project F/S?

and post to gnu.emacs.gnus, 2001
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001b.html#77 Inserting autom. random signature
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001b.html#78 Inserting autom. random signature

yow had a problem that it used a 16bit random number to select a byte
position in the file ... and then move to a saying boundary. this only
worked for files that were 64kbytes or less ... it had to be patched
if you had more than 64kbytes of random sayings.

could also check other postings to the thread in this n.g. from 2001