different archiving methods depending on group

From: Gustaf Erikson
Subject: different archiving methods depending on group
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:36:15 +0200

Hello,

I have a gnus with 3 sources: news, mail from the local machine
(grabbed by fetchmail from a POP server) and mail from IMAP (for
work). I have 3 accounts on the IMAP server.

When I started using this machine, I just used it for news and IMAP
mail. I set up archiving as follows:

;; archiving
(setq gnus-message-archive-group "INBOX.Sent")

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnimap "company-mail"
       (nnimap-address "imap.server.com")
       (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.imap-authinfo")))

I had no special archiving for news.

I would like the following archiving scenario:

* When sending mail, archive to the nnfolder archive group misc-mail.

* When posting news, archive to the nnfolder archive group misc-news.

* When using IMAP, archive to the IMAP folder INBOX.Sent.

How do I set this up? Can I use posting styles?

Google mentions different groups depending on which group you are
posting from, but in this case I need different methods too.

tia,

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson *  mobile 0733387618 * http://symbiandiaries.com/gustaf