What's wrong with my face?

From: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: What's wrong with my face?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 22:00:09 +0200

Hey ho.

I finally discovered that my face header had been omitted for months.
I had forgotten to install netpbm after a distribution upgrade and I
never noticed the missing header.

Tonight I installed netpbm and now the header is being generated, but
I can't see the image in my own posts.  I'm not sure, but I think it's
too large, despite the fact that I use the usual method for including
it:

(add-to-list 'message-required-mail-headers
                  '(Face . (lambda ()
                                     (gnus-face-from-file
                                      (expand-file-name
                                       "~/pics/MickeyFace.jpg")))))

(add-to-list 'message-required-news-headers
                  '(Face . (lambda ()
                                     (gnus-face-from-file
                                      (expand-file-name
                                       "~/pics/MickeyFace.jpg")))))

The file is a bit complicated, I guess, and I see the following
messages when I send a post.

Length 802; trying quant 8
Length 892; trying quant 10
Length 951; trying quant 12
Length 1008; trying quant 14

It appears that quant 8 gets the size down sufficiently, but I just
don't know.  Can anyone help me diagnose the problem?  Thanks much.

--
"Well *supposedly* a correct and profound math paper can get published
in a 'reputable journal' which means that the journals I've faced so