Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages

From: bigfaceworm
Subject: Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages
Date: 13 May 2004 11:30:24 -0700

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote in message
news:<877jvgvi5t.fsf@emptyhost.emptydomain.de>...
> Well you should look at the gruop nnimap+umap:INBOX if you want to see
> the INBOX group ;-)

Ahhh... I didn't realize the names had to match.  I figured ... well wrong.

Ok, now I can see the mail.  yay.
And I want to actually split it so that it goes into my normal nnmail
groups.  So, I read up on the docs and set the following:

(setq nnimap-split-predicate "UNSEEN"
      nnimap-split-inbox '("INBOX")
      nnimap-split-rule 'nnimap-split-fancy
      nnimap-split-fancy nnmail-split-fancy)

Which, according to my understanding means to split only on UNSEEN messages.
Split only messages in the "INBOX" group, to split fancily,
and (lastly) to split using the same rules as the 'nnmail-split-fancy rules.

It all seems to work just fine, except that my messages get moved to
nnimap groups - and I'd like them to be moved to the nnmail groups!

Is this possible?  I'd rather not have 2X my groups (one set nnmail and one
set nnimap).

Also, is it possible (when splitting) to leave the messages on the original
NNIMAP server - just marked as read?  My Outlook will not schedule any meetings
for me if the articles are deleted.

thanks,

BFW