Re: nnmaildir configuration confusion

From: Svend Tollak Munkejord
Subject: Re: nnmaildir configuration confusion
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 09:17:26 +0200

Today, Mike Irwin <mdi@pobox.com> wrote:

> I've RTFM and googled for hours, but I'm still confused on the
> proper way to set up nnmaildir.

I don't know enough to point out errors in your setup, but here,
anyway, is mine (which works):

(setq mail-sources
      '((maildir :path "~/Maildirs/In/"
                 :subdirs ("new" "cur" "tmp"))))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnmaildir ""
                   (directory "~/.nnmaildir")
                   (create-directory "../Maildirs/")
                   (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
                   (get-new-mail t)
                   (expire-age never))
        ))

Qmail delivers new mail to ~/Maildirs/In/ which should not correspond
to any mailgroup in Gnus, since it is mentioned as a mail-source. I
don't quite remember how I created it, but it must either have been
created by Gnus, or I used the command "maildirmake".

Regards,
--
Svend Tollak Munkejord