Re: rewriting the from header

From: Matt H
Subject: Re: rewriting the from header
Date: 03 May 2004 15:57:13 -0700

Kamen TOMOV <kamen@cybuild.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm comming from mutt and I have a few problems with gnus.
>
> One of the great features of mutt was that I could rewrite the From:
> in the header and my messages would seem to be comming from the
> specified address. gnus ignores any changes of the header. I changed

I have the following in my $HOME/.emacs file:

(setq user-full-name "Matt H")
(setq user-mail-address "matt@no.email.thanks.invalid")

and in my $HOME/.gnus file:

(setq gnus-user-from-line "Matt H <matt@no.email.thanks.invalid>")

And I get the results I desire. I only use Gnus for reading newsgroups,
so if there's anything different when using email, I couldn't tell you.

HTH