Re: format=flowed

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: format=flowed
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 22:00:05 +0200

On Mon, May 03 2004, Myriam Abramson wrote:

> how can I handle messages with format=flowed in the Content-type?
> The mail handler seems to be Apple mail.

If done correctly, format=flowed messages should be readable with a
reader not aware of format=flowed.

> The whole attachment is inlined and my buffer overflowed.

I don't understand (why "attachment" here?).  Please give a more
precise description.

> I am using emacs 21.3.1 on Redhat 9.0.

Your headers say: Gnus v5.7/Emacs 20.7.  Emacs 21.3 should come with
Gnus 5.9 which should be able to decoding format=flowed whereas
composing such messages is included in Gnus 5.10:

,----[ (info "(gnus)Oort Gnus") ]
|    * Gnus supports the "format=flowed" (RFC 2646) parameter.  On
|      composing messages, it is enabled by `use-hard-newlines'.
|      Decoding format=flowed was present but not documented in earlier
|      versions.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--