Re: How to use own newer version of gnus at $HOME

From: Lars Tobias Borsting
Subject: Re: How to use own newer version of gnus at $HOME
Date: 03 May 2004 13:38:37 +0200

Chris Hall <hall.cj@verizon.net> writes:

> I use fetchmail piped to procmail *outside* of Emacs, and have procmail
> split my mail into separate groups, so I'm not using an Emacs-related
> program, but from recent reading of the Gnus Info (I just last week set
> all this up under Gnus 5.10), I think that the default program is
> supplied by Emacs, and called 'movemail', oddly enough ;-).  If you are
> on an *nix box, 'which movemail' or 'locate movemail' might help.

OK, thanks! Somehow it just worked  after changing my mail source from
maildir to mbox format. I guess the gnus nnml-backend v5.10 had problems
with the source being in maildir format.

One other strange thing though, if I remove the files from
$HOME/Mail/mail/misc/ and move in mail from my gnus v5.6 after using the
directory with v5.10, the Summary Buffer still displays the new list of
articles/mails. That is kinda strange, because I just deleted them and
replaced them with some other ones, it must hence be cached somewhere.

Where does gnus store its Summary Buffer cache? I haven't been able to
locate where it caches the mail summary. And how can I force gnus to
re-read the folder and generate a new Summary Buffer?

Regards,
Lars Tobias Borsting