Re: Limit Article buffer width to 73 chars

From: Josef Oswald
Subject: Re: Limit Article buffer width to 73 chars
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:15:45 GMT

floyd@barrow.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

> Josef Oswald <NO.SPAM.for.gnus@chello.at> wrote:

>>> Put this in your .gnus:
>>> (add-hook 'message-mode-hook
>>>        (lambda ()
>>>          (setq fill-column 72)
>>>          (turn-on-auto-fill)))
>>
>>Thanks for writing but this did not solve the Problem.
>
> It isn't clear exactly what you want.  The above operates on messages
> you send.
>
> To adjust messages you read, try gnus-article-fill-cited-article.  This
> is a little tricky though.  Here is what I have in my ~/.gnus file,
>
>   (defun fld-gnus-article-fill ()
>     "Fill an article at 60 columns."
>     (interactive )
>     (gnus-article-fill-cited-article 1 60)
>     (message "Filled at column 60"))
>
>   (gnus-define-keys gnus-article-mode-map [f11] fld-gnus-article-fill)
>   (gnus-define-keys gnus-summary-mode-map [f11] fld-gnus-article-fill)

Thank you very much :-) This is /exactly/ what I needed and it works.

I could not respond earlier as XEmacs started to crash on me whenever I
wanted to send a follow-up to your post. So for the time-being I am
using emacs instead.

Josef Oswald also -> gnus@chello.at  :-)
--
Gnus gives you all the opportunity you could possibly want for
shooting yourself in the foot.