Re: send mail to several recipients with bbdb

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: send mail to several recipients with bbdb
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:19:33 +0200

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:07:52 +0200 Kai Grossjohann wrote:

Kai> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

[...]

>> mail-alias: TU
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> As you can see, I have a mail-alias 'TU', but when writing this and
>> afterwards pressing TAB, I just see the addresses which have a
>> beginning TU in their names!?

Kai> I wouldn't say that TU is a mail alias.

I would;))

Kai> What happens when you put "TU" at the beginning of a line in a
Kai> message and then type M-x bbdb-complete-name RET? Does that do
Kai> the right thing?

I asked that before, Fabian; please also try it after running
bbdb-define-all-aliases on the same message buffer.

Kai> Oh! There is a bug in BBDB regarding prefixes in names. If you
Kai> have somebody named "John Smith" in your BBDB and also somebody
Kai> named "John Smithson", then there is no way to get John Smith's
Kai> email address by entering his name and bbdb-complete-name.

This is not true anymore, I believe. If I put John Smith there and
message-complete (which runs bbdb-complete-name) it gives me both
entries in a selection window.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)