info-gnuprologjava

Re: [Info-gnuprologjava] Problems with loading prolog-file (ensureLoaded

From: Tim Hemig
Subject: Re: [Info-gnuprologjava] Problems with loading prolog-file (ensureLoaded); falling into recursion?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:34:59 +0100

Am 21.01.2014 um 10:25 schrieb Daniel Thomas <address@hidden>:

> Hello Tim,

Hi!

> This sounds like a known problem with the parser where if it hits
> certain kinds of syntax error then it will go into an infinite loop.
> Rishabh Garg fixed this problem over the summer but I haven't got around
> to rolling out an update containing it yet. Perhaps he can help you with
> a snapshot build - I won't have time to roll out an update until late
> April at the earliest. In the meantime the easiest solution is probably
> to work out what syntax error is causing it to loop - unfortunately any
> non-ascii character counts as a 'syntax error' for this purpose -
> Rishabh has fixed this in the latest code.

So I guess that my german Umlaute will create that problem - I removed them
from the test file and everything worked out. i wish everything/one would use
UTF-8 :)

Thank you for that inside - a snapshot would be a game-changer to me, since all
our data will include Umlaute and I would rather see that problem solved
instead of transforming the text back and forth to evade the Umlaute in the
backend only.

Thanks again to you!
  Tim