info-gnu

Emms 5.2 released

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Emms 5.2 released
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 12:57:34 -0400

We are happy to announce the release of Emms 5.2.

Emms, the Emacs Multimedia System, is a robust media viewer, player, and
organizer for GNU/Emacs.

This is a maintenance and bug-fix release. I'm especially pleased with
the range of different contributors who are represented in this
release.

The release tarball is available here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emms/emms-5.2.tar.gz

The signature is available here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emms/emms-5.2.tar.gz.sig

The project Website is:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emms/

The included Texinfo manual is kept up-to-date, and the online version
can be found here: https://www.gnu.org/software/emms/manual/

For more information about the project's development, please see:
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emms/

5.2 highlights
  - emms-browser.el: faster thumbnail cache lookups.
  - emms-player-mpd.el: Parse disc number for mpd tracks.
  - Make thing-at-point behavior more consistent.
  - Remove redundant functions in code.
  - Allow changing the mode-line icon.
  - Bug fix: emms-player-mode, more consistent behavior.
  - Bug fix: emms-browser, Don't rely on (interactive "r").