info-gnu-radius

[Info-gnu-radius] GNU Radius 0.94 released

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: [Info-gnu-radius] GNU Radius 0.94 released
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:27:59 +0200

Hello,

I have a great pleasure to inform you that GNU Radius version 0.94
is now available on ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/radius. Apart from fixed
bugs this version has the following differences from the preceeding
0.93:

1. It now runs on Spark platform (was tested on an Ultra 10,
   under Solaris 8, with gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201)
2. Support for realm quotas is introduced.
3. Keepalive records can now be handled and stored into SQL table.
   (acct_keepalive_query statement in sqlserver).
4. Source IP address of the server can now be explicitly specified
   either in config file or via a command line option.
5. Radiusd is able to communicate with NASes without having to invoke
   the subprocess. The NAS querying is made much more configurable.
6. BEGIN keyword in raddb/users allows for profiles that will be matched
   before any other profile does, thus allowing to eliminate any superfluous
   Fall-Through attributes.
7. New attribute Match-Profile allows a user profile to
   reference another profile.
8. Auth-Data attribute allows to pass additional authentication data
   when using SQL or Pam authentication schemes.
9. PAM support is considerably improved.
10.The group names a user belongs to can be fetched from the SQL table.
   group_query in sqlserver file specifies the query to do this.
11.Semantic checking of raddb/users catches many configuration errors
   that would otherwise be very painful to discover.
12.`Rewrite' language now has loops and shortcut boolean evaluation.

I would like to express my profound thanks to following contributors
and testers without whom the appearance of the new version would be
impossible: Oswaldo E. Aguirre M., Francisco J. Obispo S.,
Alexandre Oliva, Oleg_Gawriloff, Jody Owens, Andrey Y. Mosienko and
those whose names have slipped my marginal mail-archiving skills but
whose contributions are nevertheless greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to send me your questions and notes. Please direct
your bug reports to address@hidden and your questions, comments
and suggestions to address@hidden, so that the mail archiving
system be able to properly distinguish the ones from the others.

The patches and notes for the new versions will be available at
anonymous

        ftp://mirddin.farlep.net/pub/radius

Also feel free to look there for beta versions.

As always I would greatly appreciate any feedback from you.

Kind regards,
Sergey Poznyakoff