info-gnu-chess

gnu chess

From: marc efensy
Subject: gnu chess
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:12:22 +0700

Do anyone know the evaluation function and mathematic equation if i want to make chess using minimax? (how to get the value to each node for 1 or 2 level) Is gnu using minimax? And how we implement minimax in program?

Do anyone know how to calculate the final score in gnu chess ver 1.0? Example: if we move pawn a2 to a3 in first move, the gnu calculate the score -5. Where that -5 came from? How the can we evaluate that score by manual? not by compute it (for firsy move only)?

I want to know what is the mathematic function. Ex: (sum all value
black) - (sum all value white)? I only want to know the
function and value for 1 depth (20 first possible move).