info-gne

[Info-gne] carbohydrate

From: Kate Mendoza
Subject: [Info-gne] carbohydrate
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:02:28 -0500

Are you not my wife, said Missirilli, and the object of my lifelongadoration?
Then she broke the silence, and dideverything in the world to wring from him a word of love. I should be happy, Vanina said to her, to know your name. Great as her folly may have been, it must be admitted that Vanina wassublimely happy. The sight of that name caused him more uneasiness than pleasure.
As the soldierswere coming into her house to seize me, your father took me away inhis carriage.
He would be too much afraid of the satiricalcomment of his colleagues.
Vanina had seen her lover, her mind seemed to revive; she felt freshcourage. You are coming very well, she told him, through the tests to whichI mean to subject you.
As the soldierswere coming into her house to seize me, your father took me away inhis carriage.
An old woman tossed him a bunch of violets;Missirilli thanked her with a smile. I amgoing to have myself sent to the baths of la Porretta.
Vanina came each night to press her face against the panes of theyoung carbonaros window. It is in the prison ofthis town that carbonari are lodged on their way from the Romagna toRome. She had barely leftMissirilli before he began to feel that his conduct was barbarous. If you love me, said Vanina as she left her, you will see asurgeon. If you love me, said Vanina as she left her, you will see asurgeon.
Vanina was obliged to go out, on social errands. As the soldierswere coming into her house to seize me, your father took me away inhis carriage. If I speak to him, she said to herself, I am lost!
And she took her seat calmly upon a sofa.
Missirilli made haste to bind himself by this utterance.
What is the meaning of this ill-timed foolery?
You must understand, my dear Vanina, he went on, that I myself donot like bloodshed.
TheRomans whom we are describing have not the honour to be French.