info-global

Re: GLOBAL came back to Debian.

From: Punit Agrawal
Subject: Re: GLOBAL came back to Debian.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:24:50 +0000

Hi Shigio,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello hackers,
>
> Here is a good news!
> GLOBAL-6.5.5 was added to DebianStretch, the current testing
> distribution. This means that it will be included in Debian9,
> the next stable release of Debian.

I've uploaded global 6.5.6 and it should hit testing in couple of days
(migrations are delayed to 10days due to the ongoing soft freeze in
preparation for release). Current status of the package can be seen on
the package tracker at https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/global

Barring any unforeseen issues, there'll be a current version of global
in Debian Stretch.

Thanks,
Punit