I am trying to setup pserver access using PAM authentication. Here is what I did.
1. Downloaded cvs-1.12.13
2. Configure and make with pam enabled.
3. Add cvs PAM configuration file to /etc/pamd. The content of the configuration file is
auth required pam_unix.so
account required pam_unix.so
session required pam_unix.so
4. Checkout worked with/without cvs PAM configuration file.
My quesitons are:
1. Does CVS fall back to reqular authentication (in my case NIS) if the cvs PAM configuration file does not exist? If yes, how do I configure it so that it won't fall back to NIS.
2. I am going to use LDAP as the authentication mechanism. What do I need to change in the PAM configuration file to use LDAP?
3. I really would like to use ssh instead of pserver. What do I need to change in the PAM/LDAP context?