[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:13:05 -0400
I am struggling with configuring cvs so that authentication is handled using
$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/passwd. I can see that I'm not the first person with this
problem, but I am evidently missing something in the FAQ & the cederqvist.
Here are the steps I've taken, in trying to set things up:
1. created user "cvs", default group="cvsadm"
2. created dir /usr/local/cvsroot, changed owner/group to cvs/cvsadm
3. ran "cvs init"
4. checked out $CVSROOT/CVSROOT, uncommented "SystemAuth=no" in config file,
5. created passwd file in $CVSROOT/CVSROOT, using htpasswd (outside cvs)
6. edited passwd file, appending ":cvs" to each entry
7. updated inetd.conf, adding following line, and restarted inetd:
cvspserver stream tcp nowait root
/usr/local/bin/cvs -allow-root=/usr/local/cvsroot cvs pserver
I *am* able to authenticate using accounts defined in /etc/passwd, so I know
my client/server are getting along, but $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/passwd is
apparently being ignored. I've tried releases as recent as 1.12.13, but am
now running 1.11.17, as recommended for Eclipse 3.1 compatibility. Both
exhibit the same behavior (I may, of course, be misconfiguring it
Can anyone see what I've overlooked? I am baffled and bewildered...
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Authentication Problems,
Eric Adamson <=