[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:52:29 -0600
Are there documents pertaining to using PServer authentication for
CVS? I have not been able to get a single authentication remotely
using PServer on my OpenBSD 2.7 box.
I have tried creating a $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/passwd with blank passwords
(e.g. user::access) and this resulted in the same problems I have had
since the beginning. Which would be 'cvs [login aborted]: authorization
failed: server cvs rejected access', which from what I gathered from
documentation is simply a generic output message.
However, I would prefer authentication from the /etc/passwd or
/etc/master.passwd file (since this is OpenBSD). Is this possible
without having to create a secondary $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/passwd file? And
can this work over NIS?
The version is 1.10.7 (Client/Server) and as stated, a more complete
document on how to diagnose PServer authentication or some good advice
would be appreciated.
- PServer authentication,
Martin Foster <=
- Re: PServer authentication, Mike Castle, 2000/10/12
- Re: PServer authentication, Martin Foster, 2000/10/12
- Re: PServer authentication, Larry Jones, 2000/10/13
- Re: PServer authentication, Mike Castle, 2000/10/13
- Re: PServer authentication, Greg A. Woods, 2000/10/13
- Re: PServer authentication, Derek R. Price, 2000/10/17