iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] A compile problem with FluidSynth CVS

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] A compile problem with FluidSynth CVS
Date: 21 Jan 2003 18:31:23 -0800

This little problem has been around for a while, but I haven't reported
it since I'm.. evil.. No really. It was rather trivial for me to fix so
I just keep forgetting about it.
When running the ./autogen.sh for the first time I get:
FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.52 or higher is required for this script
FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.52 or higher is required for this script

I'm using Mandrake 9 and have both autoconf 2.13 and 2.53 installed.
Here is what rpm -qf autoconf2.5 says:

-- PLEASE NOTICE ---> this version is meant to coexist with
autoconf-2.13
(for backwards compatibility); to that end, the various binaries are
actually linked to a script which decides which version to execute. It
tries to be clever and will execute 2.5x if `configure.ac' is present,
or
if `configure.in' contains AC_PREREQ and the value's 3 first letters are
stringwise greater than '2.1'. You can also manually select it by
providing the environment variable WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5 set to `1' (use
WANT_AUTOCONF_2_1 if you want the 2.13 version).

So I think we should either rename configure.in to configure.ac (which
is what I have been doing) or put AC_PREREQ "2.52" in there (not sure of
exact syntax of that). Anyways. Cheers.
        Josh Green