Re: [igraph] Calculating total number of paths between two specific node

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: Re: [igraph] Calculating total number of paths between two specific nodes
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 23:58:27 +0200

Your graph is a DAG, so you can use the kth power of the adjacency matrix to count paths of length k between nodes. Furthermore, since the graph is a DAG, the adjacency matrix is nilpotent, i.e. some big enough power is zero.

You basically need to compute A + A^2 + A^3 + ..., until the power becomes zero. This matrix gives you the number of paths between any two points.