Re: [igraph] node overlapping in simplified network graph

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] node overlapping in simplified network graph
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 23:15:30 +0200

Hi,

Try a different graph layout algorithm when calling plot(), e.g.:

plot(g2, layout=layout_with_fr)
plot(g2, layout=layout_with_kk)
plot(g2, layout=layout_with_graphopt)
plot(g2, layout=layout_with_gem)

T.

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Piotr Wojciechowski <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear igraph developers,

I’m relatively new user of R and igraph, so please excuse me if my question is naive. I found igraph very useful in my work however I experienced a problem with plotting the graph, which I cannot overcome easily.

I worked on following vertex vector:

g1 <- graph ( edges=c(

1, 12,

1, 10,

1, 9,

9, 2,

9, 2,

1, 3,

1, 4,

9, 8,

1, 6,

9, 5,

1, 6,

1, 7,

1, 7,

1, 9,

9, 11,

9, 11,

1, 5,

1, 13,

1, 13), n=13,  directed=T)

Then Iafter simplification I received following graph (see below). The problem is that on this graph I cannot distinguish 9->5 and 1->5 from 1->9, since they are overlapping each other (see below). From the graphical point of view problem solves when I reverse one of two 1->9 nodes to 9->1, however in my case directions are crucial. Is there a simple method to improve this graph without manipulation in the data vector?

g2 <-simplify (g1)plot

Thank you in advance,

Piotr Wojciechowski