[igraph] Simple VS non-simple graphs

From: Tadaishi Yatabe-Rodriguez
Subject: [igraph] Simple VS non-simple graphs
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:47:24 +0100

Hi community,

I have a directed graph with multiple edges, and I was wondering whether to simplify the graph or not. Is simple better than non-simple? I compared my results for both, and they are mostly the same (you can see small-world and scale-free topology, as well as random mixing on both non-simple and simple graphs), although the community structure changes from the non-simple to the simple graph. Now I'm wandering what is the "best" option here. Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks,

Tada

--
Tadaishi Yatabe