[igraph] changing the vertex sequence index in a graph

From: Fatemeh a
Subject: [igraph] changing the vertex sequence index in a graph
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:43:58 +0430

Hi Guys,

I have rather simple question to make sure that my understanding is not wrong.
I want to change the order of the vertex id ,basically just rearranging the nodes index  sequence so I use permute.vertices(graph,sample(vcount(graph)) to do that for me,
dose this function do any changes in the graph itself?,"as it stated in the documentation it'll keep all graph,vertex and edge attributes, and  according to my understanding , it doesn't do any rewiring either but am I right ?

Best,
Fatemeh