Re: [igraph] Problem regarding weighted transitivity calculation

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem regarding weighted transitivity calculation
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 15:32:31 +0200

> As per the Barrat et al. formula  used in the manual. It shows weights per
> triangle are divided by 2.
>
> Then as per your calculations, I should get an output value of 0.5. Kindly
> clarify?
The division by 2 is there in the formula to account for the fact that the
inner sum finds each triangle twice. Note that both j and h in the formula
iterate over all neighbors of i, so it will find the triangle both as j-i-h and
as h-i-j when it considers i as a "middle" vertex.

> Secondly, is binary adjacency matrix is used for above calculations?
Yes, a_{ij} in the formula is 1 iff i and j are connected, 0 otherwise.