Re: [igraph] Error in layout.kamada.kawai(g): At vector.pmt:130 : cannot

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Error in layout.kamada.kawai(g): At vector.pmt:130 : cannot init vector, Out of memory
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:09:29 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Jeff Hemsley <address@hidden> wrote:
I can plot my graph with DrL, and even layout.fruchterman.reingold
will do it. But I can't seem to get a kamada.kawai layout on a large
graph (even if I'm willing to wait!).

Any workaround (besides alternate layouts)?

You need at least about 13Gb of memory for that:
41295 * 41295 * 8 /1024 / 1024 / 1024

For 40k nodes, no layout will be good enough IMHO, unless you simplify the graph using communities or something along those lines.

Gabor

>From R:
> memory.limit()
[1] 7987

IGRAPH DNW- 41295 115821 --
+ attr: name (v/c), frame.color (v/x), label (v/c), size (v/n), color
(v/c), weight (e/n), curved (e/n), width (e/n), color (e/c)

--
Jeff Hemsley
Doctoral Candidate