Re: [igraph] Multilevel vs Label propagation

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Multilevel vs Label propagation
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:19:52 +0100

Hi,

So I've checked our implementation of community_label_propagation() and it is
indeed quadratic, not linear. The reason is that we are using a dense vector to
count the number of occurrences of labels in the neighborhood of a node, and
clearing this vector takes O(n) time, while it would be O(1) with a proper
sparse vector. I will come up with a better implementation soon(ish).