Re: [igraph] page.rank options$maxiter arpack igraph in R

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] page.rank options$maxiter arpack igraph in R
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:47:40 -0800

So this is continued here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/igraph/+bug/1123003

FYI,
Gabor

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 3:57 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

i tried to manipulate the options parameter, to change the maxiter property of pagerank, but i get error when i try to manipulate or even set another options list as parameter... what is the best way for setting the niter/maxiter parameter as i like, for example to 10, not to 3000, which causes long time to calculate when using huge data amount (130*10^6 edges, 18*10^6 vertices)?

i tried the following which causes error:
> myoptions <- igraph.arpack.default
> myoptions$maxiter <- 1
> pr <- page.rank(g, options=myoptions)
Fehler in page.rank(g, options = myoptions) :
  At arpack.c:1126 : ARPACK error, The Schur form computed by LAPACK routine dlahqr could not be reordered by LAPACK routine dtrsen.

I also tried to set my own arpack(…) with functions and the other parameters which are needed, but that also results with an error…

Thank you very much for help!

best regards